Skip to content

OpenLB features in hydrology

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone,rnrnI am interested to used the Lattice Boltzmann Method (LBM) to simulate the water flow in a channel. So, I would like to know if with OpenLB it would be possible to:rnrn1. Simulate the free surface of the system (air-water), like the VOF method for example, in a channel with a generic geometry.rn2. Simulate the particulate transport (particles that moves in the water taking into account the different acting forces).rn3. Simulate turbulent flow. I would like to know if only the LES model has been implemented or other Turbulence models have been implemented with OpenLB.rnrnIf OpenLB is not able to modeling these aspect I would appreciated if you could tell me if it exists some other Open source code that could do that.rnrnPD: I am already familiarized with the “”classical”” methods of CFD.rnrnThank you so much.rnrnAlejandro rnrnrn

mathias
    Keymaster

Hi Alejandro,rnrn1/ For it you could have a look at our phaseSeparationXd examples. The singe component, multiply phase model could be used for it. This is like VOF rn2/ We have resolved particles using two way coupling as well as Lagragian particles (LBM-DEM). However, this is not available at the moment. If you are interested in it, please contact me using the contact form.rn3/ Please have a look at the nozzle example. There are 3 models whoch can be used. Mind that OpenLB can be extended easily.If you need help, please, also conatct me.rnrnBest regardsrnMathiasrnrn

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.