Skip to content

OpenLB Vs Palaobs

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Saman.karimi
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to do a simulation of fluid flow and heat transfer in porous medium for geothermal applications. I wanted to know between OpenLB and Palabos which one would be a better choice?

Also if wanted to simulate the mechanical processes (porous medium displacement due to high pressure of fluid flow), would it be possible to do that with OpenLB?

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Saman,

Your application sounds interesting ans I think OpenLB is a good choice. Espeacially, its ability to use modern HPC hardware (including GPU-clusters) and its anually Spring School (which would give you a good start) might be of interest for you!

Best
    Mathias

Saman.karimi
    Participant

Thank you so much for your answer, it is much appreciated.
    Any ideas about my second part of the question? do you think it is possible using OpenLB or it should be developed?

morihom5
    Participant

useful information

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by morihom5.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by morihom5.
    mathias
    Keymaster

OpenLB and Palabos has the same roots and I am not talking about another software in the OpenLB forum. That is what you find out yourself..

Saman.karimi
    Participant

I understand but my question was regarding OpenLB and what I meant by second part was:
    Also if wanted to simulate the mechanical processes (porous medium displacement due to high pressure of fluid flow), would it be possible to do that with OpenLB?

thanks again for your help and time.

meysam_morovati
    Participant

Hi, I am trying to do a heat transfer simulation for nanofluid applications in solar energy.
    Is it possible to do this with OpenLB?

If it is possible, which is the better option between OpenLB and Palabos?

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated

mathias
    Keymaster

@Saman: Q: Also if wanted to simulate the mechanical processes (porous medium displacement due to high pressure of fluid flow), would it be possible to do that with OpenLB? A: I assume, you mean a resolved porous medium structure. You can compute the acting forces locally on the structure. For the solid deformation your would need another solver. For a movement, you could consider the sturcture to be like particles (cylinder, spheres, ..) and use a collision model (to be include in the next release).

@Meysam: Conjugated heat transfer coubled to fluids is possible see the many examples in OpenLB and the papers.

Best
    Mathias

Saman.karimi
    Participant

Thank you very much, really appreciated.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Saman.karimi.
    Saman.karimi
    Participant

Thank you very much, really appreciated.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.