Skip to content

Porous media geometry setup

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ALecoton

Hello everybody,rnrnI’m rather a beginner with openLB, I have used a bit of Palabos but it doesn’t really suit my needs.rnrnFor a study, I want to setup a porous media simulation with a real rock geometry. Data are coming from a 3D model but are in a .DAT file with a material number for each cell. I have successfuly setup the geometry in Palabos but I struggle to understand how to do that in OpenLB. rnrnIs there any example I could follow? rnrnBestrnA.rnrnrn

mathias
    Keymaster

Hi ALEcoton,rnrnOne way is writing a new IndicatorF3D class like IndicatorCircle3D which takes your .dat file as input. With it, you can use a rename function of superGeometry3D. The good think of this approach is that you can combine it with other functor to build a lattice of any voxel size.rnrnBestrnMathiasrnrn

ALecoton

Thank you for your answer Mathias,rnrnSeems like a good starting point indeed! I’ll try that and get back to you.rnrnBestrnA.

Weinberg
    Quote:
    Quote from ALecoton on March 21, 2016, 09:46
    Thank you for your answer Mathias,rnrnSeems like a good starting point indeed! I’ll try that and get back to you.rnrnBestrnA.

Hello, I’m a newbie for OpenLB and I also have used Palabos for a period of time. Now, I get into trouble about the setup of a porous media geometry in OpenLB. Could you mind telling me whether this problem have been solved and how to do it?

mathias
    Keymaster

In the new release we will provide an example. I recomment that you come to our next spring school in March to get more details! Best Mathias

Weinberg

Thanks!Looking forward to the new release and I will concern the next spring school.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.