Skip to content

post processing vtk files in Matlab

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics post processing vtk files in Matlab

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    StephanH

Dear forum users,rnrnI want to post process data from openLB with Matlab. Therefore I am searching for a feasible way to receive the OLB output in Matlab.rnNow I am struggling to use the standard base64 output in Matlab (the encoded data doesn’t represent the actual data). Thus I would like to know how I could change the vtk file from binary to ASCII or if there is even another output format (e.g.. csv).rnUnfortunately my programming skills are quite rudimentary, so I would like to ask you for a simple explanation.rnrnSincerely,rnStephan

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Stephan,rnrnTo change to ascii replace (e.g. in the cylinder example)rn SuperVTKwriter3D<T,DESCRIPTOR> vtkWriter(“”cylinder3d””);rnbyrn SuperVTKwriter3D<T,DESCRIPTOR> vtkWriter(“”cylinder3d””,false); rnrnwhich overwrites the default binary mode. rnrnActually our console output is writen in quasi-cvs since we use “”;”” and “”=”” as kind of seperators.rnrnBestrnMathias rn

StephanH

Dear Mathias,rnrnthank you for the fast response.rnIs there a possibility to include the xml frame or some other frame to keep the information of the parameter,origin and spacing with the ASCII option?rnrnSincerely,rnStephan

mathias
    Keymaster

HI,rnrnSorry, I dont get your question. All data is in accii using the option.rnrnBestrnMathias

StephanH

Dear Mathias,rnrnI am sorry for the confusion. Apperently the default text program I was using didnt show the xml structure of the file. But with every other editor its fine now.rnrnThanks a lot for your help.rnrnSincerly,rnStephan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.