Skip to content

Pressure Inlet

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    robin.trunk
    Keymaster

Hi Laurent,

yes, the getPressure gives you the total pressure. So you need to substract the dynamic pressure:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_pressure
    This can be processed in e.g in Paraview by using the “calculator” filter.

Best
    Robin

sfraniatte
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to set a pressure boundary condition at the inlet in the aorta3d example. However I do not find which function to use since this subject is too old now. Someone know how to do this ?

I am still a beginner and I don’t know how to find the response in Doxygen.

Thank you !

TimBingert
    Participant

Hi sfraniatte,

you can set a pressure boundary condition on the inlet similar to how it is done on material numbers 4 and 5 on the outlets with
    setInterpolatedPressureBoundary<T,DESCRIPTOR>(lattice, superGeometry, 3);

Best
    Tim

sfraniatte
    Participant

Hi Tim,

Thanks a lot for your fast respond. I did what I wanted with your help. Also, there is the example porousMedia/resolvedRock3d/ which helps.

Best regards
    Sylvain

sfraniatte
    Participant

Hello,

I figure out that I have to switch off the bouzidi boundary condition to set a pressure boundary condition. If not, the pressure at the inlet rise without stoping. Is there a way to keep the bouzidi choice ?

Thank you !

Best regards
    Sylvain

mathias
    Keymaster

You can apply a pressure filter as in the lid driven cavity cases using e.g. ConstRhoBGK dyamics or use the stripOffDesity methods, cf. user guide, dogygen and code examples..

sfraniatte
    Participant

Hi Mathias,

Thank you for your time but the lid driven cavity does not use Bouzidi choice for boundaries conditions since the boundaries are all straight…

Best regards
    Sylvain

Adrian
    Keymaster

Whether the boundaries are straight w.r.t. to the lattice is not relevant for the choice between Bouzidi IBB and other approaches (Bouzidi just places the wall at an exact specified intersection between two cells, this also works for non-curved walls). I suspect that the boundary geometry used for Bouzidi was not set up correctly in the case where you see the broken pressure behavior. Bouzidi and pressure boundaries can definitely be used in the same simulation (e.g. this is done in both the nozzle and aorta example cases).

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.