Skip to content

Printing the relaxation time of each lattice to vtk files

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Printing the relaxation time of each lattice to vtk files

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    guojuw
    Participant

Hi,

I know the way to print the velocity of each lattice to vtk files:

SuperLatticePhysVelocity2D<T, DESCRIPTOR> velocity(sLattice, converter);
    vtkWriter.addFunctor(velocity);

Since I am dealing with non-Newtonian fluids, can I print the lattice relaxation time to vtk files in a similar way?

Junwei Guo

Nicolas
    Participant

Dear Junwei Guo,

you can print any analytical functor via SuperLatticeFfromAnalyticalF2D. In case a constant value needs to be written an AnalyticalConst2D can be used to provide the respective functor. Even though you are probably not interested in writing a constant lattice relaxation time to every cell, this could be achieved by the following snippet:

AnalyticalConst2D<T, T> anaConstTau( converter.getLatticeRelaxationTime() );
    SuperLatticeFfromAnalyticalF2D<T, DESCRIPTOR> tau( anaConstTau, sLattice );
    vtmWriter.addFunctor( tau );

Best,
    Nicolas

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Nicolas.
    guojuw
    Participant

Hi Nicolas,

I mean printing the non-constant relaxation time from non-Newtonian modeling, for example, the power-law case in $openlbRoot/examples/laminar/powerLaw2d.

In other words, I just want to see the relaxation time from each cell at any time step if I am using the DynOmegaD2Q9Descriptor.

Regards,
    Junwei Guo

Aurelio H
    Participant

Hi Guo,

The descriptor that you are using stores omega in an external field. You may see it in file src/dynamics/dynOmegaLatticeDescriptors.h, where DynOmegaD2Q9Descriptor is defined.

I would suggest using:

SuperLatticeField3D<T,DESCRIPTOR,OMEGA> omegaLB (sLattice);
    vtkWriter.addFunctor(omegaLB);

This would print the relaxation frequency (omega) in lattice units to the VTK file. Is this what you are looking for?

Cheers,
    Aurelio

guojuw
    Participant

Dear Aurelio,

Great! Thanks a lot. It helps me.

Regard,
    Junwei Guo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.