Skip to content

Question about Cavity2d Example

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Question about Cavity2d Example

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    frankgao

Hi, i got the following info when running cavity2d parallel example. I would like to know what is the reason?rn

Code:
    rn[prepareGeometry] Prepare Geometry … OKrn[prepareLattice] Prepare Lattice …rn[BoundaryConditionInstantiator2D] Could not addVelocityBoundary (2, 40)rn[BoundaryConditionInstantiator2D] Could not addVelocityBoundary (68, 2)rn[BoundaryConditionInstantiator2D] Could not addVelocityBoundary (2, 0)rn[BoundaryConditionInstantiator2D] Could not addVelocityBoundary (2, 39)rn[BoundaryConditionInstantiator2D] Could not addVelocityBoundary (0, 2)rn[BoundaryConditionInstantiator2D] Could not addVelocityBoundary (65, 40)rn[BoundaryConditionInstantiator2D] Could not addVelocityBoundary (65, 0)rn[BoundaryConditionInstantiator2D] Could not addVelocityBoundary (65, 39)rn[BoundaryConditionInstantiator2D] Could not addVelocityBoundary (2, 0)rn[BoundaryConditionInstantiator2D] Could not addVelocityBoundary (44, 0)rn[BoundaryConditionInstantiator2D] Could not addVelocityBoundary (46, 57)rn[BoundaryConditionInstantiator2D] Could not addVelocityBoundary (0, 57)rn[BoundaryConditionInstantiator2D] Could not addVelocityBoundary (46, 57)rn[BoundaryConditionInstantiator2D] Could not addVelocityBoundary (0, 57)rn[prepareLattice] Prepare Lattice … OKrn

rnBest Regards,rn

Benxi

Hi,rnI think you set the seperate geometry in a same material number,try to set different material number.

robin.trunk
    Keymaster

Hi,rnrnhow many processes did you use? It is possible that some querys fail on the overlap, but this does not affect the simulation. Do this local coordinates match the borders of your cuboids?rnrnBest regardsrnrobin

frankgao
    Quote:
    Quote from robin.trunk on May 19, 2016, 12:23rnHi,rnrnhow many processes did you use? It is possible that some querys fail on the overlap, but this does not affect the simulation. Do this local coordinates match the borders of your cuboids?rnrnBest regardsrnrobni

rnrnThanks for your reply. I didn’t compile the program using parallel mode. So,i think i just used one process. I didn’t check the border either. Since i didn’t change the example code, I was thinking maybe some one was caught up in the same situation.

frankgao
    Quote:
    Quote from haley on May 19, 2016, 02:12rnHi,rnI think you set the seperate geometry in a same material number,try to set different material number.

rnrnI think i have not changed anything in the example code. So i guess it is not a problem for material number.

robin.trunk
    Keymaster

When using sequential mode the geometry is divided in 7 Cuboids in this examplernCuboidGeometry2D<T> cuboidGeometry(cuboid, converter->getLatticeL(), 7);rnthey reside on the same processor, but are treated separately and each owns a ghost layer for communication. Since you got 14 messages there are probably two nodes per Cuboid where the boundary can’t be set. This usually happens on the overlap, where the normal can’t be computed due to lack of information.rnrnBest regardsrnRobin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.