Skip to content

Regarding implementation fringe region technique in Cylinder2d code.

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Regarding implementation fringe region technique in Cylinder2d code.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dear OpenLB team,

I got a paper in which they applied Smagorinsky and Fringe Region Technique in Cylinder2D. I tried to apply like this:
    #include “fringe2D.h”
    #include “fringe2D.hh”
    //rest code
    void prepareLattice…
    //rest code
    // Define the fringe region
    Vector<T,2> extend( lengthX,lengthY );
    Vector<T,2> origin;
    IndicatorCuboid2D<T> fringeRegion(extend, origin);
    superGeometry.rename(2,6,1,fringeRegion);

Define the reference state
    AnalyticalConst2D<T,T> rhoF( 1 );
    std::vector<T> velocity( 2,T( 0 ) );
    AnalyticalConst2D<T,T> uF( velocity );

Create the Fringe2D functor
    Fringe2D<T,DESCRIPTOR> fringe(uF, start, end, direction, lambdaMax, rise, fall);

Apply the fringe region in the collision step
    sLattice.defineDynamics<FringeBGKdynamics>(fringeRegion, &fringe);

But this giving out error: cylinder2d.cpp:41:10: fatal error: fringe2D.h: No such file or directory
    41 | #include “fringe2D.h”

What is the solution to this? Please help.

FBukreev
    Keymaster

Hello,

You don´t need to add these includes into your setup. Just add into your setBoundaryValues function the following lines:

AnalyticalConst3D wantedVelocity(maxVelocityV[0],T(),T()); // the velocity that you want to take as reference for the fringe zone. The mass conservation must be held through that velocity.
    Fringe3D fringeForceCoefficients(wantedVelocity, lz-10*ly/N, lz, 0., 0.008); //lz is the furter end of the fringe zone. lz-10*ly/N is the start point of the zone. 0 and 0.008 are the coefficients, you can look on their descriptions in the corresponding source files.
    slattice.defineField(superGeometry, 5, fringeForceCoefficients); //here 5 is the Material Number of the fringe zone cells.

For MN 5 please take SmagorinskyLinearVelocityForcedBGKdynamics and add FORCE and V12 external fields into your descriptor.

Thank you for the reply. But my contour is Cylinder2D, so should I use Frindge2D in place of Fringe3D here:

Fringe3D fringeForceCoefficients(wantedVelocity, lz-10*ly/N, lz, 0., 0.008); //lz is the furter end of the…

mathias
    Keymaster

I dont have an example. Sorry, we connot give more detailed support here in the forum.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.