Skip to content

Segmentation fault

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Fany
    Participant

Dear Developers,
    I would ask why there was a segmentation fault when I tried to simulate the single-phase heat transfer for the bifurcation structure given by the OpenLB examples (aorta3d, olb 1.4). I adopted the same geometry and Lattice with the aorta3d (olb 1.4). I found that the fault occurred at “setAdvectionDiffusionTemperatureBoundary<T,TDESCRIPTOR>(ADlattice, Tomega, superGeometry, 2);” `
    when I tried to set the temperature BC to material 2. Could you please explain that for me? thanks, Looking forward to your reply.

Adrian
    Keymaster

While a segfault should of course not occur and points to some problem in the library, it is hard to pin down without seeing your exact code. Did you already compile in unoptimized debug mode and extract a backtrace of the issue?

Fany
    Participant

Hi Adrian, the problem was solved by parallel computation. thanks. Presently, I want to build a triangle geometry. Can I refer to and adapt the SmoothIndicatorTriangle2D to do that?

Adrian
    Keymaster

Good to hear! To clarify: The problem still occurs when executing in sequential mode? Or did you adapt the code somehow?

IndicatorTriangle2D is what you want for a plain triangle shape in 2D. (The smooth versions project on [0,1] instead of {0,1} for use in the HLBM particle code)

However I suspect that you want to construct a triangle geometry in 3D? If so the recommended way is to load a STL file (which describes just such a triangle geometry) using the STL reader class. This is used in the aorta3d example you are already familiar with.

Fany
    Participant

Yes, the problem still occurred by sequential mode. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.