Skip to content

Set periodic BCs @ inlet and outlet (cylinder2d example)

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Set periodic BCs @ inlet and outlet (cylinder2d example)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    achodankar
    Participant

How should I go about setting the inlet and outlet as periodic boundary conditions in the cylinder2d example? I am adding particles to it, so I would like the particle to exit the outlet and enter from the inlet again.

In the Periodic boundary condition post in the forum:
    ” Yes, the periodicity in OpenLB is configured via CuboidGeometry::setPeriodicity. In 2D setPeriodicity(true, true) does what you want.”. I didn’t understand how to implement it.

I would really appreciate any help in this matter.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Abhijeet

achodankar
    Participant

Hello Developers,
    I was able to set the periodic boundary conditions using
    cuboidGeometry.setPeriodicity(true,false ); in the dkt2d example in the x direction. However, the particles gets absorbed in the exit and won’t re-enter the simulation from the inlet. Am I doing anything wrong in the implementation process?

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Abhijeet

Nicolas
    Participant

Hello Abhijeet,

in our latest release (1.4r0), periodic boundary conditions can only be applied to the fluid solution and not to the resolved particle dynamics used in the dkt2d example. This functionality has, however, already been added to the development version and will be part of the next official release. Unfortunately, a specific release date does not yet exist.

Best,

Nicolas

achodankar
    Participant

Hello Nicolas,
    Thank you for your prompt response.

Yours sincerely,

Abhijeet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.