Skip to content

setAdvectionDiffusionTemperatureBoundary

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics setAdvectionDiffusionTemperatureBoundary

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yx19971028
    Participant

Hello everone,
    I want to use WallFunctionBoundary in the example called rayleighBenard3d in the thermal file.Can I use ‘setAdvectionDiffusionTemperatureBoundary’ as follows:
    /// sets boundary
    setWallFunctionBoundary<T,NSDESCRIPTOR>(NSlattice, superGeometry, 2, converter, wallFunctionParam);
    setWallFunctionBoundary<T,NSDESCRIPTOR>(NSlattice, superGeometry, 3, converter, wallFunctionParam);

setAdvectionDiffusionTemperatureBoundary<T,TDESCRIPTOR>(ADlattice, Tomega, superGeometry, 2);
    setAdvectionDiffusionTemperatureBoundary<T,TDESCRIPTOR>(ADlattice, Tomega, superGeometry, 3);

SmagorinskyBoussinesqCouplingGenerator3D<T,NSDESCRIPTOR>
    coupling(0, converter.getLatticeLength(lx), 0, converter.getLatticeLength(ly),0, converter.getLatticeLength(lz),
    boussinesqForcePrefactor, converter.getLatticeTemperature(Tcold), 1., dir, 0.87, NSbulkDynamics.getPreFactor());
    NSlattice.addLatticeCoupling(coupling, ADlattice);

Your reply is much appreciated.

Thanks,

mathias
    Keymaster

This might be possible but have probably not been tested yet.

yx19971028
    Participant

Dear mathias,

Thank you for your reply.The simulation results I obtained are in good agreement with other papers.Is there any paper about ‘Advection Diffusion Temperature Boundary’?I want to learn about advection diffusion temperature boundary.

Yours sincerely.

johanna
    Participant

Hello,

the implemented advection diffusion temperature boundaries are based on the scheme given in the book “The lattice boltzmann method” (Chapter 8.5) by Krüger et al. There are also further references to papers given.

Best,
    Johanna

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.