Skip to content

Steps for modifying an example

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sinhavivekananda318
    Participant

Hi,
    I have recently came across openlb and I am finding it quite user friendly. As a beginner I would love to join the spring school, however, there are no dates in near times. Therefore, if you people could kindly point down the steps to modify a model( like which files to modify and where to write my equations) it would be really helpful.
    Or in order to be able to modify if you could kindly guide me what are the pre-requisites ( apart from knowing the desired model) regarding to programming knowledge it would be even great.
    kind regards
    Dr. Vivekananda Sinha

mathias
    Keymaster

Besides the spring school, I recomment to read the user guide and first execute example and later modifing them towards ones wishes. Since you start with executing and modifying existing examples, no very deep C++ knowledge is needed.

sinhavivekananda318
    Participant

Hi,
    I have already executed several examples like phase separation, microfluidics etc. I know how to read vtk files from Paraview.
    Next step is to insert my own geometry and modify the equations.
    Can you please help in this regard? Because in the user guide there is no direct examples which files to modify and how to modify.
    Thanks

mathias
    Keymaster

It depends on the kind of geometry representation you have as input. One idea is to copy-paste a similar approach from an existing example.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.