Skip to content

STL File not valid

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    iJokerify
    Participant

Hi all. I’m new in openLB and try to run the cylinder3d. But error “std::runtime_error what(): STL File not valid” has responsed there.
    Im using Ubuntu 18.04 and openlb-1.3r1.
    I’ve saw the same topic, but i don’t get it.
    Thanks for your attention!

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by iJokerify. Reason: the error's description
    sthavishtha
    Participant

Dear iJokerify

You must place the cylinder3d.stl file (available in the /examples/laminar/cylinder2d/ folder) in the folder where you run your code.

Regards
    Sthavishtha

iJokerify
    Participant

Dear Sthavishtha

Im using CMake and there is the line inside CMakeLists that runs the code:
    add_executable(Project ${SOURCE_DIR}/cylinder3d.cpp)
    and the error still don’t fixed

Sincerely
    iJokerify

sthavishtha
    Participant

A small mistake in my earlier message : I meant the folder /examples/laminar/cylinder3d/

mathias
    Keymaster

There is no need to use cmake. If you are not an expert, please, dont change our makefile system.

Best
    Mathias

iJokerify
    Participant

Dear Mathias

I had asked the question earlier. How to compile the project with OpenLB with IDE. Then i got an advice to use CMake to link source files.
    There is one more way to compile the project? Please answer how!

Sincerely
    iJokerify

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by iJokerify. Reason: grammar mistake
    Adrian
    Keymaster

Your initial post in this thread indicated that you get a runtime exception upon executing your program. i.e. the problem in this case is not the build system.

On the topic of build systems: OpenLB uses a plain Makefile for building both the library and any applications / examples and we can not support any custom setup on your side, especially considering that we do not know how exactly you configured your CMakeLists.txt file. Any IDE that supports CMake should have no problem coping with plain Makefiles.

On the topic of your initial problem: Sthavishtha already replied that the problem seems to be where you place the STL file / from which working directory you execute the program. I agree with this assessment. Did you try to switch to the cylinder3d example directory in a terminal and manually execute the executable from there?

iJokerify
    Participant

Thanks for your reply! Changing directory has no effect, but respond had no error when i tried to run example with “make” and “./cylinder3d”.
    However this method do not suitable for me cause i still need the way to debug code.
    I’m using CLion to debug and i can’t find the way to run MakeFile through CMake.
    Please notify me if you know how to do it!

Regards
    iJokerify

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by iJokerify.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.