Skip to content

STL file

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello!rnrnAnybody can help me on the preparation of the STL file for input on OpenLB?rnHow can I define the boundary? Where these kind of information should be stored?rnrnThanks a lot.rn

mathias
    Keymaster

Hi Liliana,rnrnCheck out the cylinder3d and aorta3d example. There you will lern how to set boundary consitions. To create an stl-file you may use standard CAD software. We have uploaded the input file for FreeCAD (http://www.freecadweb.org/).rnrnBest regardsrnMathias

Hi Mathias,rnrnthanks for the reply.rnActually, I have a STL file and I used FreeCAD to open it. But I am not sure how can I set the boundary. I mean, how can I identify which one is wall, outlet, inlet, etc. I am really lost…rnrnThanks again for the attention!rnrnBest wishes,rnLiliana.

mathias
    Keymaster

Hi,rnrnThis is done inside OpenLB and not with the STL-file. You need to assign different material numbers to the different regions “”by hand”” (see cylinder3d). In the new release, you will be able to use geometry primitives like Cicles, Cuboids and there combination or intersection to rename materials which is much mor convenient than “”looping by hand””. rnrnBest regardsrnMathias

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.