Skip to content

Swelling solid particle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    antoniowu
    Participant

Hello OpenLB community,

I am trying to simulate solid particle swelling induced by gas adsorption. I have now worked out the gas adsorption part through coupling NS-ADE. Does OpenLB have the capacity to deal with the swelling particles? I see it can simulate particle flow and solid-fluid phase exchange (melting). I wonder if anyone can suggest on this. Many thanks!

Regards,
    Antonio

mathias
    Keymaster

Hallo Antonio,

in the next release we will have examples on adsorption processses. How big is your particle? You can simulate it as resolved one or as sub-grid scale (Lagrange) or as Euler one by ADE. So many posibilites..

Best
    Mathias

antoniowu
    Participant

Hi Mathias,

Thank you for your reply. Each particle is expected to have the size of ~50 lattice nodes. The methods you mentioned are usually for particle flow. Do you think they can be used to model adsorption-induced swelling of the particle?

Best
    Antonio

mathias
    Keymaster

Yes, I think so, e.g. for surface adsoption.

antoniowu
    Participant

Hi Mathias,

Can you please share some insights into how the particle swelling can be modeled in OpenLB? Which example would you choose to start from? Thank you!

Cheers,
    Antonio

mathias
    Keymaster

The starting point depends on the exact set-up which I do not know. That is also far behind a question that can be answered in the forum. You can contact me using the contact form. Best Mathias

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.