Skip to content

TGV3d-How to change resolution and number of iterations?

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on Lattice Boltzmann Methods General Topics TGV3d-How to change resolution and number of iterations?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    idrees
    Participant

Hello,
    I am a PhD working on LBM. I am working on a research paper and I want to perform simulations about TGV3d to included the results in my work.
    Would you please guide me:

1. How to simply change the grid size in OpenLB? for instance I need 64^3, 512^3 and 1024^ for tgv3d.

2. How to change the number of iterations.

3. In OpenLB tgv3d.cpp file I can see an optoin to change the Re. Since Re is related to grid size as well. If I wanted to tune the Re by varying the lattcie viscosity, where to do it?

thank you

Adrian
    Keymaster

Most parameters are defined at the top of the file, e.g. the resolution N is defined in line 97.

In any case you can change all parameters by modifying the source code, although you may want to read some parameters from a file / CLI argument to avoid recompilation. I suggest you check out our user guide for a basic introduction into OpenLB, this will help in adapting existing examples including tgv3d.

idrees
    Participant

Thank you Adrian for the prompt responsse. I really appreciate it. At line 97 if I change N to 64 and Re 800 it gives me resoulation N=20 when I check it in data.dat file after the execution, which does not make any sense to me. Yeah I did read the User Guide also the article ” OpenLBā€”OpensourcelatticeBoltzmanncode” but cant get any clue.
    In // Choose turbulence model or collision scheme section I uncommented #define WALE but cant find any info during compilation or after execution that Smagorinsky is activated and I am using that specific collision operator.
    Any guidence would be a great help.

best

mathias
    Keymaster

For beginners I strongly recomment the spring school. There will be one next year and the website will be updated soon!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.