Skip to content

Tips for beginners

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by jan.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    pedropscf
    Participant

Hello people,

I have some professional experience in OpenFOAM and CFD projects and I am trying to learn more about LBM. I have been reading the user guide documentation for a couple of days and there are some thing that are shady to me: how to start a simulation (what kind of command lines I should write in my Ubuntu terminal)? How and where the results from each time step/moment of the simulation are recorded.

Finally, for you that have more experienced with OpenLB, what kinds of tips would you give to yourself (or to a beginner) when you were learning about OpenLB?

Thank you in advance for your time,
    Pedro.

jan
    Participant

Hello Pedro

have a look at chapter 2.1 “Lesson 1: Getting Started – Sketch of Application”, there you will find a description of how to start a program using the example bstep2d. You will immediately see the output on the terminal. Further information on input and output is given in chapter 8 of the User Guide and on visualization in chapter 9.

The User Guide and the provided examples are already a great way to get familiar with OpenLB. It’s also worth taking a look at the Spring School. There is a lab session where an introduction to OpenLB is given. Experienced tutors are also present to provide support and advice.

Let me know if you have any further quetsions.

Cheers,
    Jan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.