Skip to content

Variable heat source dependent of position and time

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Variable heat source dependent of position and time

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I plan to simulate heat transfer within an exchanger. For energy conservation in transfer fluid, there is a term: 4h/D*(Tf – Tw). I intend to involve this term as an extra source term in the collision step. Since it is dependent of time and space(temperature of tube wall), I wonder if there is a convenient and efficient way to do this.

I have paid attention to the field concept used in openlb, my idea is to first define a relative field for fluid area after we calculate the wall temperature, then we can calc the convective term in the collision step within fluid domain, the difficulty lies in how to define a field variable of flow direction and bind it both at fluid and wall in the same abscissa.

Honestly, I’m even not sure whether this idea would work out, especially in parallel mode.

Best Regards,
    Mike

FBukreev
    Keymaster

Hello Mike,

do you want to simulate also the heat transfer inside the wall?

You can use the mentioned source term with help of the SourcedAdvectionDiffusionGBKdynamics by setting the external field SOURCE with that expression. The changing wall termperature you can programm as a new special boundary condition with changing temperature or heat flux.

Greetings
    Fedor

Mike
    Participant

Hello Fedor,

Thank you for your reply! I’ll take a look at the dynamics class and boundary implementing.

Greetings
    Mike

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.