Skip to content

Viewing the output results file

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Viewing the output results file

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mali
    Participant

Hello,
    I am new to openLB. I downloaded and installed the program. I ran one of the example files to get used to the program. It generates an output file with extension .o as well as a file with no extension. It is not a .vtk file which can be opened in paraview. How can I view the simulation results as I do not know how to open the file.

Thank you.

mathias
    Keymaster

You need to execute the file with no ending with the command./filename. Please, also have a look in our user guide and consider being our guest at tge next spring school. Mathias

mali
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. I can now get the results. Although its not in the required format. The files are images not the vtk file. Is there anything I need to do inside the input file? I am using venturi3d example.

mathias
    Keymaster

vtk files are there – please have a look at the user guide to learn how to open them in e.g. paraview. We have a lecture on that during our spring school next March in Berlin!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.