Skip to content

Visualization of output for domains created with imported STL file

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Visualization of output for domains created with imported STL file

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    manash.pb
    Participant

Hi all,
    I am very new to OpenLB and LBM methods in general, so please excuse me if my question is too trivial.

I am simulating a flow through a 3d cylinder and the surface of the cylinder is imported through a STL file. When I write the output to VTK, the domain comes in the form of a parallelepiped (or in other words, the voxels outside the cylindrical STL surface, which are the ‘0’ voxels are also saved. Is there a way to exclude these cells while writing the VTK output, so that the ‘boundary’ of the cylinder is visible in the output data?

Thanks and regards,
    Manash

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Manash,

you can use “thresholds” in paraview to exclude particular values.

Best
    Mathias

manash.pb
    Participant

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply. Although ‘thresholding’ is a good idea to exclude data in Paraview, but the VTK data written to file has to contain a variable storing the voxel type (something like 1- fluid, 2- noslip, 0 – nothing), so that the thresholding in Paraview can be done on the basis of this variable. Is there a way to write to the VTK output data, the voxel type along with the other relevant hydrodynamic variables?

Manash

mathias
    Keymaster

In allof the OpenLB examples a file “geometry” is written as vtk file, which you can be used for it.

manash.pb
    Participant

Yes, that works!! Thank you very much!!

Manash

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.