Skip to content

why does the aorta3d run so slowly?

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics why does the aorta3d run so slowly?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Leaf

hey, guys.rn I’m trying the examples attached in the codes, and all cases run well except the aorta3d. When I run the aorta3d case, it’s just stuck in the process of “”[sOffLatticeBoundaryCondition3D] Cuboid globiC 0 starts to read distances for ZeroVelocity Boundary…””. The CPU of my computer is Intel Xeon E5420 and mem 8 GB, which is enough fast for most of other case. So is aorta3d a big benchmark to calculate or there some problems in aorta3d codes? How long does it take to run the aorta3d case on your computer? And what’s your computer configuration?rn Thank you so much.

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear openlb12,rnrnIn this exmple, the distances are computed to the wall which means that the preprocessing tanks longer than in the other examples. You can also run this example in parallel. Since this part of the preperation work is parallelized, it will be much faster.rnWe will come with a new release soon. In it the whole preprocessing will be much faster since it it completly parallelized rnrnBest regardsrnMathias

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.