Skip to content

Why pressure is not calculated correctly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    aminiyasser

rnI have simulated the cavity2d, bstep2d and cylinder2d in tutorials of OpenLB.rnIn all of them the pressure field is approximately zero !!!rnthese pressure field are not correct.rnHow I can calculate the correct pressure ?rnAny help would be appreciatedrnBest Regards

mathias
    Keymaster

Hi aminiyasser,rnrn I just checked the cylinder2d example in version 0.9 and found it to be correct. We get convergence of the pressure drop towards the solution results in the paper of Schäfer&Turek. You might be confused since we do compute the pressure difference to a a-priori set pressure level of zero in Pa (Si unit). You can set the pressure level by using the unit converter or you can just add a constant.rnrnBestrnMathias

aminiyasser

Dear MathiasrnI have attached the comparison between the result of LBM and those of FVM for Lift, Drag rnx_velocity and pressure (at point behind the cylinder with displacement (0.2, 0.05) relative to cylinder center)rnas you can see the pressure and Drag of LBM are not similar with those of FVMrn[img][/img][img][/img]

mathias
    Keymaster

Hi aminiyasser,rnrn I cannnot open your image. Did you compare your FVM results with the Schäfer&Turek benchmark paper?rnrnBestrnMathias

aminiyasser

please send me your email. I send these figure to your emailrnthe dimension of my case is different to that paper.rnI have simulated by OpenFoam and FLUENT. they give the same results.rnrnBest Regardsrn

aminiyasser

the problem is solved usingrnrn- Bouzidi,rnrn- localBc for the velocity and interpBc for the outflow

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.